Effective: 27 April 2020
We will only use the information collected to improve our services for our users. If you have any further questions regarding our Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal data protection Act 2010
- We will only process your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any statutory amendments or re-enactments made of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 from time to time (collectively referred to as the “PDPA”) as well as this Policy.
- The PDPA requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The PDPA also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data. In light of the PDPA, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal data.
- By providing your personal data to us and/or continuing access to our Website, you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your personal data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Policy.
- We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email. By continuing to use the Service after being notified of any amendments to this Policy, you will be treated as having agreed to and accepted those amendments.
- If you do not agree to this Policy or any amendments to this Policy, we may not be able to render all services to you and you may be required to terminate your relevant agreement with us and/or stop accessing or using the Service.
Information we collect
- Information means all of the different forms of data that you provide us and that we collect from you from your use of the Service.
- Information you provide to us: When you register for and use the Service, you are providing us with information, which we collect. This information may include your name, email address, billing and mailing address and credit card information. We use a third-party intermediary, Stripe to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf.
- Information from your use of Service: The information may include IP Address, location information, date and time, browser type, and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Service.
- Cookies: When you use the Service, we store "cookies," which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information when you visit our Website, that includes information of your browser, operating system, and other similar information. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block the cookies, our Service may not be optimised for your device.
- Web Beacons: Our third party partners may employ web beacons to track online user movement to help us better understand what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites and in newsletter emails. With web beacons, our third party partners may collect information about you, such as your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from our third party partners to improve Service.
How we use your information
- To create your account.
- To bill you for services.
- To provide customer support.
- To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, or acquisition.
- To better understand your needs in using the Service.
- To send you updates and alerts and to contact you about your account.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
How we share and disclose your personal information
- We may share information with service providers who provide necessary services to us - for instance to process payments.
- When we have your permission to share your information.
- When we are required by law, or legal process to disclose that information – such as a court order or a subpoena. When we believe in our discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If a transfer of your information is required under the terms of a reorganization, merger, or sale of the company.
Public information and third parties
- Toro Timer Blog: We have public blogs on our Website. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your personal information appears on our blogs and if you would like to remove it, you can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may publish customer testimonials on our website, which may contain personal information. We will always obtain consent to post the customer’s name along with their testimonial. To request the removal of your personal information from a testimonial, please email us at email@example.com.
- We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Correcting and updating information
- As our customer, if you would like to access or delete information that you provided, you may do this by signing in to the Service and making the change or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may decline to process unreasonable requests or requests that are not otherwise required by local law.
- We retain your information and data that we process on your behalf as long as your account is active, as needed to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
- We have no direct relationship with third parties with whom our users may interact using the Service. Any such party who would like to amend or delete data which may be stored in the Service should direct his or her request to the applicable Service user acting as the “data controller” for such information.
- Any such party who no longer wishes to be contacted by a Service user, should contact that Service user directly.